BassBox Pro Version History
The following list details the features that have been added and the "bugs" that have been fixed with each maintenance release of BassBox 6 Pro. The most recent changes are listed first. Note: Each maintenance update of BassBox Pro includes all of the previous changes. You only need to install the latest update to obtain all of the previous improvements.
Version 6.0.23 changes (10-Nov-13):
- Added two new import filters: (1) A DATS / WT3 import filter for driver Thiele-Small parameter measurements made with a Dayton Audio Test System (DATS) or Woofer Tester 3 (WT3). (2) An OmniMic import filter for acoustic response measurements made with a Dayton Audio OmniMic system.
- Updated the CLIO import filter so it will import a 1 kHz Le (voice coil inductance) value if a 10 kHz value is not present.
- Made additional improvements to the Thiele-Small and acoustic response import filters to make them easier to use.
Version 6.0.22 changes (29-Jan-13):
- Harris Tech's contact information was updated again.
Version 6.0.22 changes (23-Feb-10):
- A new import filter was added for TrueRTA measurements. It imports acoustic response from text files created with TrueRTA.
- Harris Tech's contact information was also updated again.
Version 6.0.21 changes (13-Apr-09):
- Updated the contact information for Harris Tech in the program and on-screen manual.
Version 6.0.21 changes (05-May-07) ---for Windows 7 & Vista--- (not needed for Win XP):
- The "sendkey" function was replaced with a different keyboard handler in order to be compatible with Windows 7 and Vista. This fixes the fatal error "Run-time error 70" message that occurs when you press the "Enter" key while running the program under Windows 7 and Vista.
- The on-screen manual was replaced with an html version that is compatible with Windows 7 and Vista.
Version 6.0.20 changes (15-Aug-05):
- An error was corrected that caused dimension "n" of a slanted-front prism box shape Parts List to be incorrectly based on the external dimensions when the "External" dimensions are selected on the Box Design tab of the Box Properties window. The error did not exist when "Internal" dimensions were selected (the default). Dimension "n" is now correctly based on the internal dimensions in all cases.
Version 6.0.20 changes (08-Jun-05):
- A display error was corrected that caused a wrong Fb value to be displayed for chamber 1 of a triple-chamber single-tuned bandpass enclosure when Vb was manually changed. The error was very limited and did not affect the operation or accuracy of the graphs.
Version 6.0.20 changes (29-Mar-05):
- A new import filter was added for the Woofer Tester II. It can import the measured Thiele-Small parameters from "log" files created with the "Export to BassBox" command in the Woofer Tester II's File menu.
Version 6.0.19 changes (09-Aug-04):
- The box "Suggest" feature was enhanced to account for more factors affecting the "net" Qts of the driver. Previously, it would account for the net Qts of multiple drivers, but it did not adjust its suggestions when external resistance was present (as in the speaker cables). It now accounts for the external resistance (Rx and Rg) when it is present and the "Include Ext. Resistance" option on the "External" tab of the Driver Properties window is turned on.
Version 6.0.18 changes (30-Mar-04):
- A rare cosmetic error was corrected that occurred only when BassBox Pro had been launched indirectly by double-clicking on a speaker design file. The error caused the program's title window to close when it was opened using the "About BassBox Pro" command of the Help menu.
Version 6.0.18 changes (12-Jan-04):
- Some minor cosmetic improvements were made to some of the controls to enable them to better support custom Windows system colors (especially dark color schemes). Note: We recommend that one of Window's standard color schemes be used since this produces the best results.
- All reference to Bose's original bandpass patent were removed from the program and on-screen manual since the patent has expired.
Version 6.0.17 changes (30-Nov-03):
- The Lms GDT/DAT/TXT import filter was updated to better handle newer version 4.5 graph data files.
Version 6.0.17 changes (24-Jun-03):
- The CLIO Thiele-Small parameter import filter was updated again to handle different "Le" labels. Before this update, the import filter may misinterpret the value of "Le" in some file versions.
Version 6.0.17 changes (30-Apr-03):
- The CLIO Thiele-Small parameter import filter was updated to handle newer versions of CLIO.
Version 6.0.17 changes (03-Apr-03):
- An error was fixed that allowed small discrepancies in the "F" dimension and "G" angle of a box with a truncated pyramid shape. The error did not affect other box shapes and it only existed when the shape of the top of the truncated pyramid did not match the shape of the bottom. In such situations the box was not "pyramid" shaped (all four sides did not slope inward).
Version 6.0.17 changes (07-Mar-03):
- An error was fixed that prevented the chamber volumes from being calculated when the "Override Vb" option is selected, Vb has no prior value, and bandpass box dimensions are entered. This error does not affect other box types and it did not occur when Vb had an initial value.
Version 6.0.17 changes (12-Feb-03):
- Some minor cosmetic improvements were made to a few windows to better accommodate large system fonts under Windows XP.
- An error was corrected that caused the box or chamber volume to print incorrectly when multiple overlaid graph plots are printed.
Version 6.0.17 changes (16-Dec-02):
- An error was corrected that caused the wedge box shape to miscalculate the leading edge length of the top rear side in the parts list. It also caused intermittent problems with box dimension manipulation when using "external" dimensions.
Version 6.0.16 changes (08-Nov-02):
- Updated the import filter for X•over Pro files to support changes to X-over 3.0.11 Pro. This filter can be accessed from the "External" tab of the Driver Properties window to import a passive filter from X•over Pro into BassBox Pro.
Version 6.0.16 changes (17-Sep-02):
- The acoustic data import filter for LMS measurement systems was updated to support newer "dat" and "txt" data files.
- The technical support telephone and fax numbers were updated to reflect the new area code that has been assigned to us. The old area code was 616. The new area code is 269.
- An error was fixed that prevented the Vent Air Velocity graph from plotting under some circumstances for single-tuned triple-chamber bandpass boxes with two outer vented chambers.
- The "Online Manual" was renamed to the "On-Screen Manual" because today the word "online" is more often associated with "on the internet" rather than "on the computer". As before, the on-screen manual resides entirely on the user's computer with BassBox Pro and no internet connection is required for its use.
Version 6.0.15 changes (22-Jan-02):
- A new acoustic data import filter was added for Sample Champion measurement systems. It can import frequency response text files.
- An error was fixed that caused the box internal volume displaced by one or more vents to be added even though the volume is locked a zero.
- BassBox Pro can be launched by double-clicking on a speaker design (bb6) file. In the past, when this was done, BassBox Pro saw only the old-style DOS file name and some "File" menu commands like "Save Design As..." were not enabled until after the design was changed. These things were improved: BassBox Pro is now able to retrieve the full extended file name and it immediately enables appropriate commands in the "File" menu.
Version 6.0.15 changes (12-Dec-01):
- The display properties of BassBox Pro were "tweaked" to add better support for the new Windows XP user interface. Prior versions of BassBox Pro are functionally compatible with Windows XP but they may not look as nice if the new XP display properties "style" is used. For example, the background color of some tabs may not be consistent. This update enables BassBox Pro to look its best under all versions of Windows, regardless of the display properties "style" settings or title bar thickness.
Version 6.0.14 changes (06-Sep-01):
- A "shift" feature was added to the plot color indicator. Normally, clicking a plot color indicator causes the plot color to increment to the next available color. Holding the "Shift" key down while clicking on the plot color indicator now causes the plot color to decrement to the previous available plot color. In this way you can return to a previous color without cycling through all of them.
- An improvement was made to the Phase Response graph to enable it to better handle rapid phase angle rotations when vent resonance peaks are included in the plot lines of vented and bandpass boxes. To make the phase angle plot line more readable, the phase angle of the vent resonance peaks is now normalized to the phase angle of the speaker without the vent resonance peaks. This produces sharp spikes at the resonance peaks in place of a wrapped plot line.
Version 6.0.14 changes (19-Jul-01):
- An error was fixed that caused the "Le" parameter to be misinterpreted as Henries instead of millihenries when using it as a criteria in a database search by driver parameters.
- The database search by parameters feature was enhanced to automatically include all possible dual voice coil wiring methods when a dual voice coil driver is specified.
Version 6.0.14 changes (12-Jun-01):
- An error was fixed that allowed the amplitude response to shift when multiple drivers in a single-tuned bandpass box are wired separately and the "Drivers do NOT add coherently" option is turned on. This error did not affect single-tuned bandpass boxes with multiple drivers when they are assumed to sum coherently and it did not affect other bandpass boxes or any single-driver boxes.
- An improvement was made to the refreshing of the F3 values of single-tuned bandpass boxes when the "DF" or "Q't" parameters are changed.
Version 6.0.13 changes (09-Apr-01):
- A new acoustic data import filter was added for Brüel & Kjaer (B&K) analyzers like the model 2012. It can import frequency response text files.
Version 6.0.13 changes (23-Mar-01):
- Added the ability for the vent duct wall thickness to be preserved when switching between different vent end types. This prevents the vent duct wall thickness from being reset when a vent that is flush at both ends is selected and thereby produces consistent results when experimenting with different vent types. Prior to this change it was necessary to manually restore the vent duct wall thickness when switching from a flush-at-both-ends vent to other types.
- An error was fixed that prevented the box F3 value from being updated in the Design Panels of the main window when the "Include" items are turned on and off with the Graph Properties window.
Version 6.0.13 changes (17-Mar-01):
- A feature was added that prints a very brief summary (driver name, box type, box volume, box tuning) to serve as a legend to identify the plot lines when graphs are printed with plot lines from multiple designs.
- An error was fixed that sometimes (rarely) prevented the "Print a BassBox Design" window from opening. A related error was fixed that also prevented color graph plot lines from printing in color even when the color option is turned on.
- An error was fixed that sometimes (rarely) prevented the mini preview graph from being plotted when a speaker design is opened.
- An error was fixed that prevented the box F3 value from being updated in the Box Properties window when the "Include" items are turned on and off with the Graph Properties window.
- A feature was added that enables the volume setting of a "known volume" for a box interior object to be treated as the volume of a single object when a quantity of greater than one is specified. (Formerly, the volume was understood to be the total.)
- A feature was added to print both the individual volume and total volume for box interior objects when a quantity greater than one is specified.
Version 6.0.12 changes (19-Dec-00):
- Made it possible for the Qtc value of closed boxes to be automatically recalculated when either the QL or damping values are changed.
Version 6.0.12 changes (30-Nov-00):
- Added a new print option that replaces grey lines with black lines when the "Enable Color Graphics" option is turned off. This option is provided for those printers that have trouble printing grey lines.
- An error was fixed that prevented graph plot lines from being printed in the "Graphs Only" mode when the Normalized Amplitude Response graph is not plotted on screen.
- An error was fixed that predicted too much low-frequency energy for some box designs with passive radiators. This problem affected primarily designs with passive radiator diaphragm (piston) areas that are much larger than the driver's diaphragm area.
Version 6.0.11 changes (10-Sep-00):
- Added a powerful new "Misc Object" feature to the "Interior" tab of the Box Properties window. (It is similar to the "subvolume" feature of BassBox 5.1.) It replaces the "brace" displacement volume section and allows the user to select from 15 different volume shapes to describe objects in the box which subtract from its net internal volume (Vb). It can also be used to model structures which are a part of the box and add to the box volume. The user can also enter a "known volume" without entering dimensions. Up to 30 different objects can be entered. In the printouts, a small non-scaled illustration is included with each object shape to label the dimensions.
- Added a new feature to the printouts that allows graphs to be printed with multiple overlaid plot lines. As many as 10 of the most recent plot lines which are visible in the graphs can be included. In addition, the user can add a five-line note to the graphs and this note can be printed under each graph or just the first one.
- Added the total box volume (Vtotal) to the printouts.
- Added an option to the cursor for the maximum acoustic power graph which allows the user to force the cursor to track the displacement limited plot line even when it rises above the thermal limit.
- Added more decimal places to the cursor display.
- Added support for vented box response curves to the acoustic response normalization feature.
- Added the capability to import driver parameters from an existing BassBox design file into an open design. In this way driver data from one design can be copied to another design without changing the box data. This feature is accessed with the "Import" button on the "Parameters" tab of the Driver Properties window.
- Added import filter for CLIO Thiele-Small data files to the "Import" button on the "Parameters" tab of the Driver Properties window.
- Added a feature to the Design Wizard which makes it easier to specify multiple drivers after a driver has been "loaded" from the driver database.
- The printouts were improved by making the line thickness of the box drawings, parts drawings, wiring diagram and graphs automatically adjust for the resolution of the printer.
- An error was fixed that prevented the "Driver/PR" and "LF Vent/HF Vent" controls from being updated when moving the cursor between the plot lines of different box types.
- An error was fixed which sometimes prevented numbers from being rounded when the "Round all numbers" setting is turned on in the Preferences window.
- An error was fixed that prevented the graph memory buttons of the Graph Properties window from being reset when the "Clear All Memories" command in the Graph menu is used.
- An error was fixed that sometimes creates a blank region in the wiring diagram of the printouts.
- An error was fixed that caused the "Calculate All" button of the Driver Properties window to sometimes appear at inappropriate times.
- An error was fixed that caused the drawing on the "Parts List" tab of the Box Properties window to run off the top of the tab for "Regular Polygon Prism" box shapes.
Version 6.0.10 changes (11-Apr-00):
- An error was fixed that caused the program to use the BL value of an individual coil of a dual voice coil driver when the voice coils are wired in series. This error did not affect separately wired or parallel wired dual voice coils.
Version 6.0.10 changes (26-Mar-00):
- An error was corrected that prevented Xover Pro passive networks from being imported into the driver external network settings of BassBox Pro when the Xover Pro design files contained separate filters rather than a crossover network.
Version 6.0.10 changes (31-Jan-00):
- Added a new Design Priority window which opens when the "Suggest" button of the Box Design tab of the Box Properties window is clicked for a closed or standard vented box design. It allows the user to control the way that BassBox Pro calculates a "suggested" box by allowing the user to select "High Output", "High Fidelity", "Extended Bass" (vented boxes only), or a specified F3. As a result, the "X-Bass" button was removed from the Box Design tab of the Box Properties window.
- Added a message (which the user can turn off) to notify the user that a "suggested" box is just thatonly a suggestion. It encourages the user to feel free to experiment with the box size in case the "suggested" volume is too small or too large.
- Added a new import feature that allows driver Thiele-Small parameters to be imported from a LAUD version 3.12 (or later) ATS measurement file. An "Import" button was added to the Parameters tab of the Driver Properties window.
- Added a new feature which displays the "net" parameter values of multiple passive radiators. This feature works very similarly to the "net" driver parameter feature.
- Added a "Don't show this message in the future" checkbox to the messages which appear when the program suspects that a dual voice coil parameter may have a problem. This will allow these messages to be ignored, if desired.
- Improved the tab order of the Parameters tab of the Driver Properties window.
- Added a refresh routine to cause the F3 value to be reset whenever the box type is changed.
Version 6.0.9 changes (18-Dec-99):
- Additional instructions on passive radiator boxes were added to the on-screen manual.
- An error was fixed that decreased the accuracy of some passive radiator calculations as the total diaphragm area (Sd) of the passive radiator(s) becomes significantly larger than the total diaphragm area of the driver(s). This error did not affect (or was minimal) when a passive radiator was matched with a similar size driver.
- An error was fixed that can sometimes cause the program to "hang" when the Up/Down Arrow keys are used to move the cursor to a previous plot line on an individual graph window. This error did not affect the combination graph window.
Version 6.0.9 changes (08-Dec-99):
- Added a new feature that walks a first-time user through program configuration when the program is first run. In this way, key settings like English or metric units can be set before the program is used.
- Added a new Box Designer's Guide section to the on-screen manual system which explains basic concepts to beginners. The "Help Topic" command in the Help menu was replaced with an "Online Manual" command.
- Added a new feature which enables an individual graph memory to be cleared.
- Added a new feature which automatically recalculates all relevant F3 values when a graph "Include" option is changed.
- Added the graph "include" settings to the items that are remembered when the program is closed.
- A new "Drivers do NOT add coherently" option was added to the mechanical configuration for multi-woofer designs where two woofers sum to +3 dB instead of +6 dB.
- A new "Separate" option was added to the electrical configuration for multi-woofer designs where all woofers are driven from a separate amplifier channel.
- Added a new normalization feature to the Response tabs of the Driver Properties and Edit Database Driver Data windows to make it much easier to normalize the acoustic data to the predicted Thiele-Small response as required.
- Added additional import capability for CLIO FFT files.
- Strengthened some general-purpose error-handling routines.
- Changed the default box shape for single-chamber boxes to a standard "square prism" box shape. This changed is intended to prevent confusion that some first-time users experience regarding the "optimum square prism" box shape because it has no user-controllable dimensions when the box volume (Vb) is "locked". The "optimum square prism" box shape will continue to be the default when using the "Suggest" button with a single-chamber box.
- With multi-woofer designs, the input power/voltage setting of the custom amplitude response graph was switched to the total power/voltage driving all woofers instead of an individual woofer. This matches the cone displacement and vent velocity graphs. There is one exception: When the new "separate" electrical configuration is selected, the input power/voltage is per driver.
- When asking BassBox Pro to "suggest" a passive radiator box, the passive radiator's mechanical resistance (Rms) is now limited to being no higher than 2.0 kg/s since a higher value would be rare.
- Added many new keyboard shortcuts for the graph options. This includes the use of the arrow keys to move the cursor.
- An error was fixed that caused the program to crash when trying to copy a phase response graph to the Windows clipboard with the "Copy" command of the graph popup menu.
- An error was fixed that caused the program to crash when trying to clear only the phase response graph with the "Clear" button of the Graph Properties window or the Clear > Selected Graph command of the graph popup menu.
- An error was fixed that caused the program to crash when switching from a vented box to a closed box when the internal vented box volume is negative because of an excessively large vent.
- An error was fixed that caused improper scaling of the plot line of a phase response graph that is copied to the Windows clipboard. Note: This error did not affect the graph window or printouts.
- An error was fixed that allowed some "Include" settings in the graph popup menu to be selected at inappropriate times (such as insufficient data).
- An error was fixed that causes erased plot lines to be redrawn when an input power or voltage is changed.
- Switched to a new full-color CD-ROM label. Replacement CD-ROMs (CD-R format) that contain the latest release of the program and driver database can be ordered for a small fee.
Version 6.0.8 changes (10-Aug-99):
- Added a new feature which enables the user to estimate a driver's mechanical Q (Qms) from its free air impedance response. This feature is available from the Parameters tab of the Driver Properties window in "Expert" mode. To facilitate this, a new Driver Qms Estimator window is accessible from an "Est" button beside the Qms parameter whenever Qms is blank and there are not enough known parameters to calculate it.
- Added the ability to calculate the electrical Q (Qes) in "Expert" mode with different parameter sets.
Version 6.0.8 changes (30-Jul-99):
- The active 12 dB/octave high-pass filter option for vented boxes was relabeled as the "active 12 dB/octave high-pass equalization filter" to better describe its function.
- The lock ratio controls of double tuned bandpass boxes and the lock Q't control of a single tuned bandpass box are now "unlocked" when the "Suggest" button is used to calculate a new box.
- An error was fixed that made it difficult to manually enter Fb for a triple chamber bandpass box.
- An error was fixed that sometimes prevented the vent velocity graph from plotting for a design with a triple chamber bandpass box.
- An error was fixed that sometimes caused "0.0001" to appear as the value for Fb when no value had been entered or calculated yet.
Version 6.0.8 changes (14-Jul-99):
- Added support for international date formats to the driver database editor. For example, BassBox Pro will now accept non-English names for months as long as Windows 95/98/NT is set accordingly.
Version 6.0.8 changes (6-Jul-99):
- Added a new "locking" feature to the box dimensions and relabeled the Dimensions frame "Lock" control to the "Override Vb" control. BassBox Pro no longer attempts to guess which box dimensions can and cannot be recalculated when changes are made to a design. The new system divides dimensions into a "locked" and "unlocked" state. Locked dimensions cannot be changed by BassBox Pro but they can be changed by the user. Unlocked dimensions can be changed by BassBox Pro any time it needs to adjust the box to force it to have a net internal volume equal to Vb. However, unlocked dimensions cannot be changed by the user. The background color of each dimension label changes to a lighter shade when a dimension is locked, making it very easy to tell which are and are not locked. To avoid confusion the "Lock" control in the upper right corner of the Dimensions frame is relabeled to "Override Vb" to indicate that it allows the box dimensions to override previous Vb values and calculate a new internal box volume to match dimension changes.
- A similar "locking" feature was added to the Vent dimensions for consistency. For example, the vent diameter can be locked, allowing BassBox Pro to change only the vent length. In the past, BassBox Pro assumed that the last variable to be manually entered was intended to be "locked". Now the user can explicitly set the dimension to be locked.
- An error was fixed that prevented the vent dimension summary from appearing for a double-tuned bandpass box when the Box Properties windows is first opened to the Vent tab. The summary will always display when it is appropriate to do so.
Version 6.0.8 changes (27-Jun-99):
- Added separate closed box and vented box default box leakage loss (QL) settings. These default settings are used to estimate the box losses when necessary. The new settings can be controlled on the Box tab of the Properties window.
- Added a new feature to turn off Qa and gamma and use "classical" box calculations which ignore the effects of damping or "fill" inside the box.
- Modified the "Optimum" box calculations for closed and vented boxes and changed the label on the "Optimum" button to "Suggest". When the "Suggest" button is clicked, it will still attempt to calculate a box volume and, if a vented box, tuning frequency that will produce a maximally flat response. Then the box volume will be tested to see if it is large enough for the driver to physically fit a square prism box. If not, the box volume will be increased until it is large enough for the driver.
- Made similar changes for the X-Bass vented box option.
- Added a "Suggest" option for passive radiator boxes. It attempts to create a maximally flat passive radiator box design.
- Added several new features to the acoustic preview graphs of the Response tab of the Driver Properties window and Edit Database Driver Data window and the Architectural/Automotive Acoustic Response window. The new features include frequency grid lines, a zero reference line and a red focus line.
- Enhanced the ability of BassBox Pro to respond to design changes which affect the box while the Box Properties window is closed. For example, changing the driver will result in a full recalculation of the box even when the Box Properties window is closed, including the volume displaced by the driver in the box and the F3 of the box.
- An error was fixed that can sometimes allows Fb to change from a previously calculated value after the vent dimensions are locked.
Version 6.0.7 changes (17-Apr-99):
- An uncommon mouse pointer error was corrected: The mouse pointer was sometimes not restored to a normal pointer when acoustic data being normalized also needed interpolation or extrapolation.
Version 6.0.7 changes (6-Apr-99):
- Companies that are added to the driver database are now required to be identified as either a manufacturer, representative and/or distributor before they can be added.
- A error was fixed that caused the program to close if the Preferences window or the Print Design window is opened when a missing print logo picture file is specified.
Version 6.0.7 changes (31-Mar-99):
- A feature was added to store the print title block information in each BassBox Pro design file.
- Several "balloon" help messages were updated for the Acoustic Properties window.
- Updated the procedure which converts Farads to picoFarads (pF) when importing an external passive network from an Xover Pro design file.
- An error was fixed that prevented some impedance equalization network components from being properly imported from recent X-over Pro design files.
Version 6.0.7 changes (22-Mar-99):
- Several "balloon" help messages and "tips" were updated.
- A feature was added to enable the design property lists in each design panel in the main window to maintain their scroll position when switching between multiple open designs.
Version 6.0.7 changes (11-Mar-99):
- The box volume (Vb) units label was applied to the new Vb display fields when "lock Vb is turned off.
- The calculation of dimension "E" was improved when switching from internal to external box dimensions for slanted front prism box shapes.
Version 6.0.7 changes (9-Mar-99):
- A feature was added to enable importing of acoustic measurements from CLIO systems.
- A "lock box dimensions" feature was added to contrast with the "lock Vb" feature and help clarify its use. When Vb is locked, the box dimensions are unlocked and visa versa. The "lock Vb" features was moved to the Internal Volume frame of the Box Design tab of the Box Properties window.
- An error was fixed that prevented the vent length (Lv) from being manually entered when the box volume (Vb) is not locked.
- The interior displacement volumes for the driver and vent on the Interior tab of the Box Properties window were improved to clarify their use and make them easier to edit.
- An error was fixed that disabled the "rounded number" setting after the Edit Database Driver Data window has been opened. (Note: The Edit Database Driver Data window always uses full precision when displaying driver parameters to prevent rounding errors from being introduced to the database. However, the rest of the program should follow the "rounded number" setting of the Preferences window.)
Version 6.0.6 changes (10-Feb-99):
- A feature was added allowing Qms to be calculated when Rms is known.
- The MS Sans Serif font was replaced with the Arial font throughout the program to improve its immunity to system or desktop theme font changes in Windows 98.
- A feature was added to provide the capability of internally estimating the half-space reference efficiency from the 2.83-V SPL (sensitivity) for those graphs that require it.
- An internal branding option was added.
Version 6.0.6 changes (17-Jan-99):
- An error was fixed that sometimes prevented proper interpolation of acoustic data when the data is normalized.
Version 6.0.6 changes (30-Dec-98):
- Enhanced the Model name search function of the Driver Locator so that it ignores spaces in names when it searches the driver database for matching names.
- An error was fixed that caused the program to sometimes crash when the parallel-wired value of BL is zeroed for a dual voice coil driver.
Version 6.0.6 changes (19-Dec-98):
- The "Calc", "Calc All" and "Clear (All)" buttons of the Driver Properties and Edit Database Driver Data windows were updated. The "Calc" buttons will now allow Dia and/or Sd to be calculated if Xmax and Vd are known.
- A feature was added to automatically remove the low-pass effects of the driver inductance (Le) from the amplitude response graphs whenever the driver acoustic response is included. The effects of Le are assumed to be already included in the driver acoustic data.
Version 6.0.6 changes (17-Dec-98):
- A new feature was added which causes the graphs which require an input power or voltage to automatically use the driver maximum power (Pe) if no input power has been specified before printing the graphs.
- An error was fixed that sometimes prevented the maximum acoustic power plot line from printing when the maximum acoustic power graph is unused.
Version 6.0.6 changes (9-Dec-98):
- A new feature was added to include the net driver parameters of multiple drivers in the printouts.
- An error was fixed that prevented acoustic data files from being imported from the Response tab of the Edit Database Driver Data window.
Version 6.0.6 changes (24-Nov-98):
- An error was fixed that caused the program to sometimes crash when a plot button is pressed while all graphs are minimized and the Graph Properties window is active but invisible.
- An error was fixed that allowed a phase plot line to dip below the graph border in the printouts.
- An error was fixed that caused the program to sometimes crash when a new driver is entered into the database without using the "Add a New Driver" button.
Version 6.0.5 changes:
- Added driver aiming information from the Interior tab of the Box Properties window to the parts list in the printouts.
- Added isobaric chamber dimension information from the Interior tab of the Box Properties window to the parts list in the printouts.
- An error was fixed that sometimes caused the program to crash when changing the box type while the box leakage losses (QL) are unknown. QL is now automatically estimated in the background whenever it is needed.
Version 6.0.4 changes (16-Sep-98):
- The wording of the driver type choices was changed to match the wording of Xover Pro.
Version 6.0.4 changes (15-Sep-98):
- An error was fixed that caused the graph windows to stay on top of other BassBox Pro windows. Now the window with the focus will be on top (except the main window which is always in the background).
Version 6.0.4 changes (10-Sep-98):
- An error was fixed that caused Qtc to print in the wrong location in the printouts.
- An error was fixed that prevented the main buttons of the Driver Properties window and Edit Database Driver Data window from being updated when a parameter is calculated.
- An error was fixed that allowed the driver parameters in the printouts to sometimes use the wrong column.
Version 6.0.4 changes (13-Aug-98):
- A new method was found to keep the main window in the background while avoiding the disadvantages of the methods used 12-Aug-98.
Version 6.0.4 changes (12-Aug-98):
- Modified the main window so that it always stays in the background behind other windows. Two ways were provided to do this which each have advantages and disadvantages.
- The Preferences window and Inductance calculator window were switched to "modal" windows so that they must be closed before resuming.
- Added the capability for the program to remember when the main window is maximized so that it can be restored when the program is run again.
- Improved the volume units in the Box tab of the Preferences window so that the QL volume units match the overall box volume units.
- Added dual voice coil wiring details to all wiring diagram printouts.
- The keyboard shortcuts of the main window were improved so that they work when other BassBox Pro windows have the focus.
- Improved messages were added to the Box Properties window when its Accept button is clicked while the Design Wizard is running and important box parameters are missing.
- The text background of the Progress Bar was changed so that it handles color depths of 8-bits or less.
- Added a feature that causes the vertical scales of the Custom Amplitude Response graph and Maximum Acoustic Power graph to be cleared and reset whenever the graphs are cleared.
- Added a feature to cause the location of the Graph Properties window to automatically follow the selected graph.
- An error was fixed that caused the program to "hang" when multiple graphs are displayed with cursors and the "Clear All" function is used.
- An error was fixed that allowed plot colors to become disassociated when a middle design of multiple designs is closed.
- An error was fixed that sometimes prevented the "Back" button from being enabled when returning to the Design Wizard from the Box Properties window.
- An error was fixed that caused the Preferences window to sometimes crash if the Cancel button is clicked while one or more graphs are minimized.
- An error was fixed that prevented the Maximum Acoustic Power graph from plotting when a driver with a dual voice coil does not have a separate-wired Xmax but does have a parallel- or series-wired value for Xmax.
Version 6.0.3 changes (29-Jul-98):
- An error was fixed that prevented the "Optimum" and "X-Bass" button from sometimes being enabled when they should be.
Version 6.0.3 changes (28-Jul-98):
- An error was fixed that prevented the box volume (total) from being updated whenever the net box volume (Vb) of a closed box is changed.
- An error was fixed that prevented F3 from being updated whenever the damping ("fill") setting is changed.
- An error was fixed that allowed a null fill setting for chamber 2 when switching from a single chamber box type to a multi-chamber box type.
Version 6.0.3 changes (27-Jul-98):
- For the first time, the full version code (in this case "6.0.3") will be displayed on the title screen.
- The height of the Search and Load buttons of the Driver Locator were increased slightly to improve the readability of their text labels.
- "All English" and "All metric" buttons were added to the Box tab of the Preferences window to reduce confusion about how to make global changes to the box units.
- An error introduced in previous 6.0.3 releases was fixed that sometimes prevented the net box volume (Vb) from being automatically recalculated when Vb is "locked".
- The slanted-front prism box shape was improved so that it works better when Vb is "locked".
- An error was fixed that caused the program to crash when the right arrow in the Driver Locator is clicked immediately after performing a search.
- The Accept/Cancel buttons in the Driver Properties window are now displayed after an external network is imported from an Xover Pro design file.
Version 6.0.3 changes (21-Jul-98):
- An error was fixed that prevented the Design Wizard from recognizing some dual voice coil parameters. An auto-select feature was added for dual voice coil wiring.
- An error was fixed that prevented the Design Wizard from enabling the Save, Save As and Print Design commands in the File menu of the main window. This also affects some commands in the Edit menu.
- An error was fixed that sometimes caused the Driver Locator ignore the "don't show" setting of the Driver Count message window.
Version 6.0.3 changes (17-Jul-98):
- The Driver Locator was modified so that it always opens beside its parent window.
- The Driver Locator is automatically closed when the Driver Properties window is closed.
- The text label of the "Company" search tab of the Driver Locator was enlarged slightly to accommodate a larger font size when the Windows system font is set to "large".
- The slanted-front prism box shape was improved so that the user can manually control the angle of the slanted side.
- The plot button was altered so that all graphs in the combo graph windows are automatically plotted when the button is clicked. (Originally, the Shift key was required to force all graphs in the combo graph window to plot.) To plot only the visible graph, use the Alt key.
- The first time the plot button is used, the program will check to see if the input power or voltage has been entered for the Custom Amplitude Response graph, Cone Displacement graph and Vent Velocity graph. If not, the maximum power parameter (Pe) will be usedif it is available.
- An error was fixed that caused the program to crash when the Accept button in the Preferences window is clicked while the main window is maximized.
- An error was fixed that caused the program to sometimes crash when a design is duplicated and the box dimensions are set to "external".
Version 6.0.2 changes (12-Jul-98):
- The message that notifies the user that more information is required before a new driver can be added to the driver database from the Edit Database Driver Data window has been improved. Instead of the previous generic message, it now reports exactly which parameters are needed.
- An error was fixed that caused the "Add this Driver to Database" button in the Driver Properties window to sometimes disappear at the wrong time.
Version 6.0.2 changes (8-Jul-98):
- An error was fixed that caused the program to sometimes crash when the box dimensions of a bandpass box are switched from "internal" to "external".
Version 6.0.1 changes (26-Jun-98):
- The balloon help message for two buttons in the Edit Companies window was updated.
- An intermittent problem was fixed that caused the "Load from Database" button of the Driver Properties window to sometimes disappear.
Version 6.0.1 changes (18-Jun-98):
- All colored buttons and some custom window background colors are changed to grey when the color depth of the computer is 8-bit or less. This improves readability because a low color depth forces color dithering.
- An error was fixed that caused the program to crash when the "Add a New Driver" button is clicked when a manufacturer is not selected.
- An error was fixed that prevented a new driver from being added to the driver database from the Edit Database Driver Data window when its Description tab is not selected.